2016 has been heralded as the “Year of VR”. Google has recently launched its latest initiative dubbed “VR for Everyone.” The Google Street View Team in conjunction with REBranding360, a Google Street View Trusted Agency, announces the release of its Google Cardboard “walking tour” virtual tours for colleges and universities. Institutions wishing to stay current with technology and ahead of rivals as early adopters within Google’s search database may want to consider this option in its marketing efforts to differentiate their university from competing institutions.
Now for the first time, prospective students can “walk” around the campus virtually, touring at their own pace, pausing to look around in a grand iconic archway, inspect dorm rooms, library, dining hall or performance hall, or enjoy a relaxing green space or courtyard.
Benefits of utilizing College Campus Virtual Tours:
- Content hosted in Google database and thus included in its overall knowledge graph.
- All official Google content has significant SEO advantages across Google family of products and all social media platforms.
- Having an official Google Street View Inside (GSVI) virtual tour allows institution to achieve “Complete Business Listing” status.
- All Google photography and panoramic photography is owned by the university.
- Viewers can take snapshots anywhere on campus and post to their personal social media pages, further increasing exposure for the school.
- Incorporate dynamic Google generated content to the college’s website and social media platforms.
- Enhance orientation to the college campus for new and incoming students.
- Improve recruiting efforts of desired candidates as well as improve fundraising efforts with alumni.
- Appeal to the new millennial generation.